L243 Threadlocker (Medium Strength)
Akfix L243 is a medium strength thixotropic anaerobic thread locker. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces.
- Formulated to lock all metric and imperial nuts and bolts
- Prevents vibration loosening and leakage through the threads
- Slightly oil tolerant; it will bond some ‘as received’ parts, but best results are obtained with clean substrates.
- The thixotropic nature of the product prevents run off, dripping and migration after assembly.
- Typically used on mounting bolts, housing screws, etc.
- Prevents corrosion of assembled parts.
- Clean male and female threads before assembly with an absorbent tissue paper to remove any cutting oil.
- Apply the adhesive with a 360 turn to leading threads of the male and female fittings.
- Use an absorbent tissue paper to wipe off excess jointing compound in the direction of the thread.
- Assembly parts and hold on for 24 hours at 22-24°C to ensure full curing of jointing compound.
- For disassembly, use hand tools to remove mating parts. When it is hard to dissemble at room temperature, apply local heat until reaching 250°C and disassemble while hot. Then, remove any residual cured adhesive mechanically and clean parts with a proper solvent, acetone.